Snipe Academy Cambridge is a synthetic-ice puck skills and shooting development facility located in Cambridge Ontario. Services offered include synthetic ice skill development sessions, private on ice services, team on-ice sessions, and spring programs in the Region of Waterloo. Snipe Academy Cambridge has an exciting leadership opportunity in the position of Head Skills & Skating Coach.
We are looking to attract an experienced former player that has the ability to display or develop the following skills and attributes:
• Demonstrate a high level of skating, stick handling, passing, and shooting ability.
• Ability to break down and teach technically in the areas of both skating and puck skills.
• Physically able to perform duties on-ice for up to five 1-hour sessions. • Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Available to carry out summer day camps or on-ice sessions.
• Approachable to young players and welcoming to all clients.
• Experience working with Junior and pro players is an asset.
• Previous hockey experience at a high level is an asset.
• Ability to Identify the strengths and weaknesses of athletes or teams. • Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions.
• Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs.
• Experience working with video analysis software is an asset.
• Analyze and evaluate athletes’ or teams’ performances and modify training programs.
• Professional and mature demeanor.
• Strong public speaking and teaching skills and excellent communication skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Team player.
• First Aid & CPR certified.
It is important for Snipe Academy Cambridge to place a coach that has the ability to enhance our reputation and increase our performance. You will need to be the creative, forward-thinking coach to develop our programs our assistant coaches and our clients. Position Details The Head Skills and Skating Coach at Snipe Academy - Cambridge will work closely with the Head Coach and will supervise all facility operations, including management of the assistant coaching staff. This position will oversee all synthetic ice development and complement and contribute to on-ice development services, along with all Snipe Academy - Cambridge’s spring team programs. A support plan of training and instruction to all assistant coaches will be shared with the Head Coach. Facility and synthetic ice maintenance duties will be shared with, scheduled and assigned to assistant coaches before or after their session and ensure they are carried out adequately. Your expertise will be trusted and valued and will include the creation of video instruction, social media posts and general promotional activities. The Head Skills and Skating Coach will play a key role in networking with our hockey community by being welcoming and engaging to all Snipe Academy - Cambridge visitors.
Position Specifics & Expectations:
- Four days / week (minimum required) reporting to facility or scheduled on-ice sessions.
- Four to five sessions / day at facility.
- On-ice skating specific sessions and On-ice puck skills specific sessions to be delivered as scheduled.
- On-ice instruction and travel expected to develop Region of Waterloo-wide.
- 4 p.m. - 9p.m. Monday – Friday.
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday – Sunday (average based on demand and ice time logistics.)
- Potential for 3 p.m. private bookings (dependent on demand.)
- Fulfill coaching role with multiple spring teams during weekend tournament periods late April and throughout May.
- Fulfill coaching and coordination role during summer day camps or on-ice sessions.
- The Head Skills Coach may decide what four days will be worked each week but may be asked by the Head Coach to be present for specific key dates or sessions.
- $30.00 / Hour for Facility Session.
- $30.00 / Hour when performing all duties other than lead instruction at facility.
- $40.00 – $55.00 when performing on-ice instruction. On-ice compensation will be determined by experience and performance. Travel requirements will be considered.
- Spring tournament time requirements will be negotiable.
- Company Cell phone will be included.
Application Deadline: indefinite
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.